Please we need your support

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Help us rebuild lives right now...


What were you doing ten years ago 9/11/01? I was sitting in class when a classmate burst into the room and screamed “our nation is under attack, we are being bombed”. I jumped out of my seat with my Nextel in my hand trying to chirp my family and darted to the front door heading for my car. I couldn’t get thru to my family so I was past the point of being frantic. I’m driving and listening to KYW News radio and I kept looking into the sky wondering if it will all crumble down.
I tried to reach my family once again. I was able to get a hold of my dad who told me to get from Center City as fast as I can, be safe, and that he loved me. The streets were total chaos and I felt a sense of doom and despair. I kept asking myself who would maliciously do something like this and why? I was able to return home safely and while watching the news I could hear the trembling in the newscasters voice as he is describing ground zero, and he spoke about flight 93 and how those brave passengers that sacrificed themselves for the safety of others. I will always remember.
I didn’t lose a loved one on that day but I empathize with those who have, for some their pain will never end but I hope and pray that they would find comfort and solace. Today the names of those who died on 9/11/2001 were read as the survivors waved flags  and pictures of their lost loved ones. On that day the earth stood still and changed the lives of  people all over the world.
It made me cherish the ones I love and never take life for granted. 
How has 9/11 changed you?

No comments:

Post a Comment